Total Defense Martial Arts is pleased to offer daily fitness programs in accordance with Virginia’s Phase Three requirements, beginning Monday, July 6, 2020. These programs will be held at the TDMA gym and continue until we are permitted to reopen ordinary classes.
- Classes will contain no more than 12 students and 1 instructor each.
- Age requirements — Adult BJJ is limited to students aged 12+; Kids BJJ to kids aged 6-11; Boxing and FMA are open to all ages.
- We will accept new members. As always, the first week is free, after which a bimonthly contract must be signed. We are offering reduced rates during this fitness program period; please inquire.
- No visitors except for Kids BJJ — Parents may stay inside but will have to follow social distancing. No spectators are allowed during other classes.
- You may register for one (1) class using the registration forms and may only attend your scheduled class times. Your personal training schedule will include two classes per week with the same instructor. (Kids BJJ: one class per week.)
- Students will be required to sign a new liability waiver at the first class.
- Please arrive ON-TIME and dressed-out for class. Adult BJJ classes will be no-gi, and Kids BJJ classes will be in the gi.
- Instructors will take your temperature with a no-contact thermometer before class. If you are running a fever of 100.4 degrees or above, you will be asked to leave.
- We will observe social distancing rules, with each person assigned a specific spot on the mat. There will be NO interpersonal physical contact, e.g., NO sparring, rolling, holding pads.
- You will have to use your own equipment, e.g., wraps, gloves, sticks, gis. It’s recommended you bring personal water and hand sanitizer bottles.
- Masks are encouraged but not required except for Kids BJJ instructors, who will wear masks.
- The shower is closed, and the restroom is for emergency use only. If you use the restroom, please clean behind yourself with a Lysol wipe.
- The gym will be cleaned immediately after each class. E.g., desk chairs, mats, bathroom if used, door knobs.
- Students must leave promptly after class and not hang out inside the gym when the next class arrives.
Any questions or issues, please contact Brian Rose at 540-968-0045 or email@example.com. We will all get through this together!
Class Registration Forms
The courses available for sign up are: